Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Legalstaff of San Diego
Intellectual Property Legal Secretary - Job #373
San Diego, CA 00000 United States
$60,000 - $70,000
A San Diego law firm is seeking an IP Legal Secretary.
This position will be responsible for:
• Monitoring client-specific dockets
• Maintaining soft docket for US and foreign actions
• Preparing patent prosecution documents (i.e. new Patent applications, Continuation applications, Amendments, Information Disclosure Statements, Reporting Letters, etc.)
• Reviewing and accurately proofreading documents from the USPTO and foreign patent offices and reporting these documents directly to the clients
• Preparing and filing utility, continuation, divisional, US National Phase, and PCT applications, including any additional essential documents with the USPTO
• Preparing and filing Information Disclosure Statements
• Preparing, forwarding to clients, and obtaining executed formal documents required to completed US and foreign application process, including Powers of Attorney, Oath and Declarations, Assignments, and Formal Figures
• Organizing client meetings and Business Development Seminars
• Entering attorney time
• Travel Arrangements
• Expense reimbursements
• Maintaining attorney calendars
• Maintaining paper and electronic patent files, file emails to File Site, open new business matters and coordinate the intake and transfer of files.
Education, training, experience:
A successful candidate MUST have 5+ years of current experience supporting attorneys in Intellectual Property law.
• Excellent organizational, technical and dictating equipment skills
• Ability to use USPTO, EPO, WIPO, JPO, KIPO and internet websites for research and compiling data
• Accurate typing speed (65 WPM+)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Punctuality, accuracy, attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills are essential
Copyright © 2009 Association Career Network. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions
DISCLAIMER AND PROPRIETARY NOTICE